Glendora Rotary Club
Service ClubNon-Profit Organization
The Glendora Rotary Club began on one April evening in 1956, with a group of 33 Businessmen urged on by the sponsoring clubs of nearby Azusa and Covina. The first President was Leif Evans.
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
First. The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
Second. High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
Third. The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
Fourth. The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.